Thursday, December 12, 2002

HAS LAW AND ORDER FINALLY JUMPED THE SHARK? I'm probably overreacting, but last night's episode was the worst I've seen. Ostensibly about falungong it quickly degenerated into contrived speeches and cliches. No suspense about the identity of the murderer either: it was obvious that it was the "I no speak English" (so, therefore, I am simple-minded) driver. Always interesting how movies and tv depict foreigners: the guy can't string together a grammatical sentence, yet he has no trouble understanding everything the police and lawyers say to him (things like "perjury"). "I no want go back China; I want stay America; so I kill girl" Have the scriptwriters ever actually spoken to someone for whom English is not their first language? Ridiculous!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?