Thursday, September 25, 2003

EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S CALIFORNIA RECALL/GOVERNOR DEBATE CAN BE FOUND AT PRESTOPUNDIT I watched bits of it on C-SPAN until the season premiere of Law and Order came on. Frankly, I was underwhelmed by the entire lot of them. With the exception of McClintock (and even he wasn't perfect on this score), platitudes, dodging tough questions and issues, and snarky personal attacks were the order of the day. Also noticed that few of them had anything to say about Gray Davis. If recent polls are any indication, Davis may weather this recall storm and make all of the race for his replacement moot.
By the way, the Law and Order episode wasn'tmuch better. I don't think the show has quite jumped the shark yet but it may be losing steam.


UPDATE: Hit and Run makes the following observation/calculation:

Number of times the gubernatorial candidates used the words "I, me, my, mine, myself" during their closing statements of last night's debate (unofficial count):

Cruz Bustamente: 7
Arianna Huffington: 9
Peter Camejo: 10
Tom McClintock: 13
Arnold Schwarzenegger: 31
. Hmmmm. Interesting but probably ultimately not all that significant.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?