Tuesday, September 30, 2003

FEEL LIKE AUTUMN. Bright blue skies. Cool days and brisk nights. Leaves showing the first signs of turning. The kids still play outside but it is no longer with the “it’s still light we can’t go to bed yet” abandon of a month ago. This ushers in my favorite time of year. I’m sure I would get jaded and unappreciative if the weather were always like this but autumn goes by far too quickly in my estimation. Not enough time to do all the apple and pumpkin picking, cider drinking, football watching, leaf raking, and simply breathing in that brisk air that I want to do. Best place to do many of these things? Harvard, Mass (the town, not the school). Millburn Orchards in Maryland isn’t bad; neither is Belvedere Plantation in Virginia.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?