Wednesday, October 29, 2003

THIS IS ONE REASON WHY I LIKE BLOGGING. One blogger and a camera explores the claims of "environmental racism" made by a mainstream press apparently too lazy to actually visit the place in question.
Recently I read that a refinery project proposed for the almost empty desert near Mobile, Arizona is being opposed on the grounds of "environmental racism." Apparently the local press never bothered to do any research. Otherwise they would have reported that Mobile is has only 33 people in the vicinity, none of them closer than a mile to the site, and the vast majority are white!
I find it amazing and heartening that things that were literally the stuff of science fiction only a few years ago are now commonplace. I don't think that "old media" is going away any time soon, but I like the idea of more citizens participating in the dialogue.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?