Tuesday, January 27, 2004

HEARD THE PRESIDENT OF POLAND ON THE RADIO ON THE WAY HOME. He is in the U.S. pleading for (among other things) Poles to be allowed to come to the U.S. without being fingerprinted and without having to have visas. I can't think of a reason why Bush shouldn't reward what has been a staunch ally in Iraq and move on this quickly. Probably won' t happen though.

I was also struck by the way the Polish President (whose name escapes me and I'm too lazy to look it up) off-handedly spoke of Polish participation in "peacekeeping" in Iraq for "decades to come." Will U.S. (UN?) troops be in Iraq in four decades just like they are in Japan and Germany? Depends in part, I suppose, on how long Iraqis continue to shoot at them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?