Tuesday, February 10, 2004

DID HE REALLY MEAN THAT? Just received a complimentary copy of Roll Call in my box in the office. Had I world enough and time I would subscribe just to be that much better informed about what is going on in the corridors of power. But I've other things to do so I just browsed the free copy. . . and stumbled across this article by Stuart Rothenberg (subscription required). In an otherwise unremarkable recitation of the conventional wisdom on the Democratic Presidential primaries, Rothenberg (who is a political analyst who edits and publishes an eponymous report and commands $5000-$10000 for a speech) lets fly with the following:
Thankfully, Sen. Joe Lieberman (Conn.) has accepted the reality of the situation and exited the race. A serious man with a reputation for integrity, he was never a credible candidate for the Democratic nomination.
I'm not sure whether Mr. Rothenberg intended it, but that sounds like a searing indictment of the Democratic Party to me. Ouch!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?