Friday, March 19, 2004

EMPTYBOTTLE.ORG TELLS THE KOREA-RELATED BLOGOSPHERE TO GET A LIFE (or at least broaden their horizons).
Although there are some talented, insightful writers out there in K-land, and many who certainly know more about Korea than I do, the Korean Kluster is probably the most insular, self-regarding echo chamber I've ever seen in weblogging (other than perhaps the warblogger circlejerk that reached its zenith between 911 and the beginning of the Iraq Mistake, with whom some of the KK's netizens share their political leanings), and if you're careful you can get dizzy following the logrolling in ever-tightening circles.

...

This is one of the reasons I eased myself out of posting about Korea all the time, back a year or two ago -- I didn't want to be perceived as a one-note writer, and the fact that I live in Korea is merely an accident of geography and economics and matters of the heart, not the overriding central fact of my existence. And to be honest, the vast majority of waeguk-in (foreigners) I meet in Korea are damaged, ranting weirdos, with whom I'm happy to have minimal interaction.

Methinks perhaps he doth protest a bit too much.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?