Thursday, May 20, 2004

"GUILT BY HEADLINE"

Mark Cuban, (yes, that Mark Cuban) doesn't much care for the media's relenteless pursuit of the tantalizing headline

The question I had then, is the same question I have now? What is the goal of these media outlets? How do they define what is “newsworthy.” It sure appears to me that the newsmedia has evolved from “all the news that is fit to print” to “How much free publicity can we get from this story?”

We are now in an era where media searches for stories that will generate media coverage of the story. Stories are written not for the value they bring the readers, viewers or listeners, but rather the volume of coverage they will bring.
In many cases, I can't say that I disagree with him.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?