Sunday, June 06, 2004

YOU KNOW YOU'RE GETTING OLD WHEN . . .

James Martin Capozzola of The Rittenhouse Review has one of those moments whose coming most of us dread:
Very Attractive Twenty-something Woman: Hey, why so glum?

Me: Oh, I don’t know, nothing really.

Very Attractive Twenty-something Woman (handing me some sort of coupon): Come to Coyote Ugly tonight. You’ll have fun!

Me: Uh, okay, thanks. [You know, it’s just that sort of lame response that has kept me from scoring with the really hot chicks for two decades now.]

Twenty-something Man on a Bicycle (swooping down on me): Hey, what’s she handing out?

Me: I don’t know, something for a bar or a club or something. Have it.

Twenty-something Man on a Bicycle: Cool. Thanks, old man.
Hang in there "old man"!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?