Sunday, August 01, 2004

AMERICA'S MOVING ADVENTURE

Helped a friend of a friend move a day or two ago. The poor naive couple actually trusted that U-Haul would have a truck when they said they would. When the promised confirmation call never arrived, one of the would-be movers spent hours on the phone being put on hold, transferred from person to person, and rather rudely responded to. For me, this was nothing new. After being burned two or three times, I vowed never to use U-Haul again. Apparently, I'm not alone.

The question I have is, how does a company like U-Haul routinely not deliver promised products and services and still stay in business? My only answer is that most people move seldom enough that they forget previous bad experiences, or they assume that they were exceptions rather than the rule. Classic case of the market not really working all that well.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?