Thursday, September 02, 2004

ANOTHER NORTH KOREA BOOK REVIEW

It must be in the air. Days after I post about a series of book reviews in the Atlantic Monthly, I get an unsolicited review of another book, Comrades and Strangers: Behind the Closed Doors of North Korea, written by Michael Harrold. According to a former graduate student, it ain't pretty:
I am on page 300 and considering breaking my rule of always finishing a book. Even under the somewhat elastic standards of travel diaries, the book is quite bad.
Well, not having read the book myself, I suppose I should reserve judgment. On the other hand, given all the other books that I should be reading (and reviewing) I probably won't get to Comrades and Strangers any time soon. Are there any North Korea-related books out there that people have read and actually liked?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?