Thursday, November 11, 2004

YOU MEAN THEY WANT ME TO PLAY EVERY GAME?

Indiana Pacers superstar, Ron Artest, is tired. So tired, in fact, that he asked his coach and team if he could take a few games off to recuperate.
Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest said Wednesday that he asked head coach Rick Carlisle for as much as a month off to heal his aching body and recover from a hectic schedule.
...
"My body has been aching, I was going to take some time off and I said it the wrong way," Artest said during a short news conference before the Pacers' 102-68 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. "Everything that happened wasn't too negative. I kind of surprised the team by wanting to take some games off, just to get back together, maybe stay home for a little bit, rest a little bit and come back."

He certainly surprised Carlisle, who said Tuesday that the situation, "compromised the integrity of the team. It's a private team matter, and I'm going to leave it at that."

"I don't know what that means," Artest said. "They probably expected a little more; expected me to play every game. Everybody's different. It's early in the season, so I feel like I could take some time off early and be ready for the long stretch."
Poor guy. He will only make nearly $6 million this year and even more over the course of the next four years.

Call me an old-fashioned purist, but for $6 million a year, you'd better believe that I would expect Mr. Artest to play every game, and to arrange his busy off-court schedule so as to be in the physical and mental condition necessary to play every game.

Unbelievable!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?