Wednesday, March 16, 2005
SEVEN SECRETS FOR SUCCESSFUL SUPERHEROINES
At least on the silver screen (aside: how many more decades of the screen not being silver need to pass before that particular nickname dies?) (by Christina Larson):
1. Do fight demons. Don't fight only inner demons.This may help explain why Tomb Raider and Charlie's Angels did better than Catwoman or Elektra. But why do the rules apply only to women?
2. Do play well with others. Don't shun human society.
3. Do exhibit self-control. Don't exhibit mental disorders.
4. Do wear trendy clothes. Don't wear fetish clothes.
5. Do embrace girl power. Don't cling to man hatred.
6. Do help hapless men. Don't try to kill your boyfriend.
7. Do toss off witty remarks. Don't look perpetually sullen.